Arduino library to send sensor readings as beacons on 433MHz.
I've been sending beacons from little cheap arduinos over 433MHz for a while. Last week I wrapped the code into a library for arduino
cd [ardruino-installation]/libraries git clone https://github.com/Br3nda/wallynet.git
2 methods, for sending beaconed messages over ultra cheap 433MHz transmitters.
In the arduino ide, in setup(), tell the library:
- which pin the 433MHz transmitter was wired to,
- which led to light to indicate transmission (Uno have a handy led on pin 11)
- what your station is called.
wallynet_setup(int transmit_pin, int led_pin, String station_name);`
wallynet_setup(1, 11, "laundry");
wallynet_send_beacon to transmit.
wallynet_send_beacon(String reading_name, String reading_value)
float humidity = DHT.humidity; wallynet_send_beacon("humidity", (String) humidity);
- Messages are un-encrypted and trivially intercepted or jammed
- Nothing checks that the message was recieved
- Your own tranmitter may all transmit over the top of each other, and garble each other.